-› Technical Specifications
A key metric when when considering on-line point of sale systems is speed of operation.
SplitAbility updates are performed transparently to the user.
The graph on the left shows our typical "data-center" update times.
See below: Detailed latency and update times
App Load & Refresh Time
Reload & Refresh
Video - Milliseconds Count
The video on the left demonstrates our lightning fast load time and refresh time.
Whether cold booting a computer or powering up a device after it has run low on battery level, app refresh & reload is an unavoidable process you'll need to do from time to time.
Starting the app from scratch to printing orders is done in around 2 to 3 seconds!
The latest IP based driver-less printers
Video - Print Speed
The video on the left demonstrates a "quick service" mode of operation.
The fastest print speeds available: 300 mm/sec.
Double sized fonts for distance viewing.
Reprints / multiple copies / category splitting etc.
Detailed latency and update times.
- Menu Item ordering: Instantaneous.
- Restaurant overview screen retrieval: Less than 30 milliseconds.
- Synchronization to other devices on the LAN: Less than 0.5 seconds.
- Change User, Sign in / Sign out: Instantaneous.
- Change User privilege: Instantaneous.
- Archiving of historical data, to users on line account: Less than 50 milliseconds.
- Wireless Order Taking: Instantaneous.
- Inventory Increment / Decrement: Instantaneous (Globally Accessible).
- Inventory levels minimum / maximum alert: Instantaneous.
- Print receipt using Direct Printing: Instantaneous.
- Print to kitchen printer using Direct Printing: Instantaneous.
- Change/Update 100 menu items: Less than 1 second.
- Change/Update 1000 menu items: Less than 3 second.
- On Line to Off Line operation: Less than 10 milliseconds.
- Table transfers: Instantaneous.
- Regular Customer search and retrieval: Less than 5 milliseconds.
- Customer Favourite Order look up and retrieval: Less than 5 milliseconds.
- TakeAway retrieval: Less than 5 milliseconds.
SplitAbility is a cloud based service and adds resources as required to maintain these latencies.
- Terminals / Registers / Tablets: Unlimited.
- Historical Data: Unlimited and held in your own account at your discretion.
- Transactions / day: Unlimited.
- Menu Items: Unlimited.
- Complete Menus: Unlimited.
- Inventory Items: Unlimited.
- Users: Unlimited.
- User Key or Password can use any characters and any number of characters.
- Regular Customers: Unlimited.
- Favourite Orders: Unlimited.
- Stored Orders and TakeAways: Unlimited.
- Fully adjustable floor plans, both table position and size.
- 87 Currencies Supported.
- SplitAbility runs on any existing computer or device that has an Internet browser. Any tablet device can be used:
- Apple iPads, iPhones and any iOS device.
- All Android tablets, phones and devices.
- Windows desktop computers, notebooks, phones, tablets including Windows Surface.
More detail: POS Hardware
- Internet Explorer.
- Native device browsers.
- Many others.